Thursday 14 March 2013

Mest2

Media that is simialar to our film idea:

1) Cruel Summer
2) Shank
3) Misfits
4) The Barber shop

Cruel Summer: I've linked this album to our media production because it has very intense and urban tracks, it  matches our criteria. There is a certain song called clique that we've chosen for our opening scene  we chose it because its a aggressive and arrogant song as some of the lyrics say "Aint nobody fucking with my clique", this shows us that the main character in the opening scene has a high status in his environment. Also it shows that the character doesn't take no for an answer.

Shank: I've linked this film to our media production because it matches the genre of our film, it is an urban estate film which includes with drugs, sex and violence. The film uses mise en scene to connote that film is going to be violent due to the images of weapons. The use of low-key lighting connotes that the film is emotional and serious, I also chose this film due to the actors; as they suit the roles of the film my group are making, I believe they suit my film well  because they  have all lived in urban areas showing that it will not be hard to stay in character.

Misfits: I chose misfits because I like the use of drama in the series, it creates excitement and tension, also it makes the audience want to watch more as they find it interesting. I like the way misfits use the effect of low-key lighting with a close up in the scene, it makes the audience feel the characters emotion full emotion. I chose a violent scene in misfits to link with my project because its exactly how i want to present the use of violence and weaponry, as the actors make it look bracing.

The Barber Shop: I've linked this film to our media production because I like the way the film shows a side of comedy even though the film is mostly a drama. This is how i want to present a bit of comedy into my case study. I also used the trailer to present the urban ghetto background as I want to use this kind of image in our production to attract the right target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment